Moroccan Chicken Wings
These simple yet aromatic and flavorful wings are far from anything you’ve ever experienced. Using Spice Squad’s signature ras el hanout. With almost 20 different spices in this complex traditional North African blend, it makes an excellent seasoning when used on any meats or vegetable, especially chicken! In this recipe, we will show you how to make a quick and simple dinner that is probable one of the most beautiful dishes you will ever see that will expand your knowledge of international cuisines!
2lbs. Sweet Potatoes (Cubed 1 in.)
2lbs. Carrots (Cut into 1 in. chunks)
2 – 1oz bag of Spice Squad’s Ras el Hanout
2 Lemons (Cut into 16 total wedges)
Handful of Thyme sprigs
1 Red Onion (Cut into 1 in. wedges)
10-15 Chicken wings
Ground Black Pepper
5 Cloves of Garlic
- Lay the cubed sweet potatoes and carrots in a deep baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil. Make sure the vegetables are fully covered on all sides with olive oil. Sprinkle with black pepper and salt to taste.
- Roast in the oven at 450 F for 10 minutes. Don’t expect the vegetables to brown quite yet, there’s still some cooking left to do.
- Take the baking sheet with the roasted vegetables out. Take the onion wedges and separate the layers of onion. Use the pieces of onion to cover the top of the vegetables to form a heat shield of sorts to steam the vegetables while roasting. Next cut small slits in the garlic cloves and place them evenly throughout the baking sheet. Sprinkle a little more oil and roast at 450 for 20 minutes.
- Then, after you’ve taken the baking sheet out again and set on the stove, it’s time to prep your wings! Pour Ras el Hanout into a bowl, rinse wings for 30 sec under cold water, then dry the wings off with a paper towel. Next, one at a time, put wings in the bowl of spices and rub spices on until no more sticks. Place wings on baking sheet however you feel. Then, place the lemon wedges evenly throughout the baking sheet a lot with the thyme sprigs. Roast for 35 – 40 minutes at 450.
- Finally, plate as desired and eat. Please share your pictures of your dishes with firstname.lastname@example.org!