1 leg of lamb, bone removed about 2.5 pounds
1/4 cup Spice Squad’s Za’atar
1 tablespoons yellow mustard powder
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons honey
1/8 cup olive oil
1 tablespoons garlic, mashed to a paste
2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
1. Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix the za’atar, mustard powder, garlic, salt, red pepper flake & salt together in a medium bowl. Mix in the honey, olive oil, lemon juice & just enough water to form a thin paste. Reserve about 1/3 of this mixture off the side.
3. Spread the marinade over the leg of lamb. You can let this sit as long as overnight or as little as one hour.
4. Place the marinated lamb on a rack set in a roasting pan.
Place in the oven and leave to roast for 1.5 hours.
5. At a few intervals throughout the roast, baste the lamb with the leftover marinade.
7. After an hour, check the internal temperature of the leg in the thickest part of the roast. When the temperature reaches about 115 degrees, pack the olive on top of the lamb.
8. Continue roasting until the lamb reaches an internal temperature of about 130 degrees. This will make a medium-rare to medium roast.
9. Let rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.