4 – 6 skinless skinless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
2 teaspoons Spice Squad Italian seasonings
8 cremini mushrooms , sliced
¾ cup (188ml) unsalted chicken stock
4 garlic cloves , minced
1/2-1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup fresh spinach
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4-1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3.5 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
- Heat a large cooking pan on medium high heat. Pat dry chicken and season one side gently with salt and black pepper. Add in 2 tbsp unsalted butter or olive oil. Quickly add in the chicken to prevent butter from burning. While one side is browning, season the other side with more salt and black pepper. Brown first side for 3.5 minutes, then the other side for 2 minutes. Set the chicken aside.
- Add minced garlic, then saute for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add sliced mushroom, season with salt + black pepper, then sauté for a minute. Add 2 tsp Spice Squad Italian seasonings, then sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Pour in chicken stock into pan and deglaze (scrub the brown bits off the bottom) and stir.
- Add chicken back in pan and bring the liquid mixture back to a simmer. Cover pan and cook chicken for 10-15 minutes. Add in spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, then cook for 30 seconds and stir. Mix in heavy cream and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Mix 3.5 tbsp cornstarch + 1/4cup cold water together in a small mixing bowl. Add the cornstarch mixture one third at a time to thicken the Tuscan Chicken sauce until desired thickness. Season to taste with salt and cheese. Serve with a side of pasta. Enjoy!